Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Upcoming Series of Lists

In a partnership with Kyle at http://enterthemovies.blogspot.com/, I'm going to do a series of lists over the next 20 weeks. Half of these lists will be our 50 Favorite Films, divided into ten parts. In between each part, we'll each do a different list (like Favorite Animated Films or Favorite Lead Acting Performance). Kyle has substantially different tastes in films compared to me, so I hope our different lists can spur some discussions and/or debates. Please join in on the comments section to voice your opinion on any one of these lists.

Coming up first on Friday (with a new list published every Friday thereafter), is part one of My Favorite Films.

We agreed on one ground rule before beginning our process - only one film per director. We both thought it would allow our list to be more varied and interesting. If not for this rule, my list would be dominated by the likes of Joel and Ethan Coen, Stanley Kubrick, David Fincher, and Steven Spielberg.

My lists will be in alphabetical order (but still numbered) because I find it almost impossible to differentiate from my #8 to my #12 to my #20, etc. I could give you a top four in order, but after that it all depends on my mood and what I've watched lately.  

This should be a fun series to write and I hope everyone enjoys reading them, too!

1 comment: